This GPX LLC ("GreatPlateExchange", "we", "us" or "our") Privacy Statement (our "Statement") was developed as an extension of our commitment to combine the highest-quality services with the highest level of integrity in dealing with our valued customers, and the companies, businesses and organizations they represent (collectively, "you") as you access and use this website (our "Site"). This Statement is incorporated into and subject to the terms of the GreatPlateExchange Registration Agreement.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS STATEMENT, YOU SHOULD NOT USE OUR SITE. WE MAY CHANGE THIS STATEMENT FROM TIME TO TIME AND POST THOSE CHANGES HERE. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SITE AFTER ANY SUCH CHANGES CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGED STATEMENT.
GREATPLATEEXCHANGE DOES NOT ACCEPT, AND DOES NOT WISH TO RECEIVE, PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM ANY INDIVIDUAL UNDER EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE, ANY INDIVIDUAL OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, OR ANY INDIVIDUAL WHO MAY NOT LEGALLY ENTER INTO AGREEMENTS.
If you sell or plan to sell the rights to any valid, current, registered United States "vanity" motor vehicle license plates physically located in the United States ("License Plates"), you will be deemed a "Seller". If you buy or plan to buy the rights to any License Plate, you will be deemed a "Buyer". You may be both a Seller and also a Buyer, but not in the same transaction.
1. INFORMATION. GreatPlateExchange obtains information from and about you ("Information") in a number of different ways, including:
A. General Information. Some Information which is not identifiable as yours ("General Information") is gathered automatically when you access the Site. This General Information (which includes Site pages visited, type of web browser used, type of operating system, referring and exiting pages, number of clicks, the identity of your Internet service provider, "Cookie Information" as described below, and similar Information) does not identify you personally.
B. Personal Information. Some Information which may be identifiable as yours (your "Personal Information") is not gathered automatically at the Site. If you wish to provide Personal Information, you must do so voluntarily, and may do so in a number of different ways, including through your agreement to the terms of the "Registration Agreement", the "Seller Registration Form", or the "Buyer Registration Form". If you wish to opt out of providing Personal Information, you should not enter such Personal Information at the Site. You will, however, be required to provide Personal Information in order to access or use certain Site areas, and to buy, sell and transfer the rights to License Plates, and to use certain Site features. You understand and agree that if you are a Seller, any License Plate you request GreatPlateExchange to post, and any associated posted information, shall not be considered your Personal Information. The following are some of the kinds of Personal Information GreatPlateExchange gathers:
(i) Registration Information. When you complete a "Seller Registration Form," a "Buyer Registration Form," or certain other online Site forms, you will be asked for certain Personal Information, such as your name, your street mailing address, your email address, and other Information;
(ii) Credit Card Information. When you complete a "Seller Registration Form," and when you buy or sell the rights to License Plates, you will be asked for credit card Information, including your name, account number and expiration date; and
(iii) Email Information. When you send us email messages, either for our own information or to be edited and forwarded to a third party pursuant to the "Registration Agreement," we may retain the content of your email messages, together with your email address and our response to you.
You will not need to provide Personal Information to access publicly-available portions of the Site, such as the homepage, or to view License Plates then currently for sale.
2. GENERAL USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION. GreatPlateExchange may use and disclose your Information as follows:
A. General Information. GreatPlateExchange may use and disclose General Information to understand Site demographics and content preferences, and may do so without notice to, or permission from, you or any third party. In particular, GreatPlateExchange may provide aggregate General Information about our customers, sales, Site traffic patterns and related information to our affiliates or third parties.
B. Personal Information. If you register at the Site as a Buyer or a Seller, GreatPlateExchange may use and disclose to our business partners and affiliates your Personal Information, and contact you by email, surface mail and otherwise, as provided in the "Seller Registration Agreement" and the "Buyer Registration Agreement".
C. Legal Requirements and Credit. GreatPlateExchange may also use and disclose any of your Information when legally compelled to do so, or when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights. If you make payments to GreatPlateExchange by credit card, we may use your Information to determine your credit status.
D. Your Use of Others' Information. If you are a Buyer or a Seller, you may have access to the Information of other Buyers or Sellers (as the case may be) pursuant to the Registration Agreement. You agree to use and disclose such Information solely pursuant to the terms of such Registration Agreement, and for no other reason.
3. BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS. In the event GreatPlateExchange merges with, is acquired by, or acquires, directly or indirectly, any other company, sells its assets, or otherwise enters into a similar business transaction, GreatPlateExchange will use its commercially reasonable efforts to notify you by email, by posting a notice on this Site, or through some other means determined by GreatPlateExchange. If, as a result of any of the foregoing, your Information will be used or disclosed in a manner inconsistent with this Statement, and you do not agree to such use or disclosure, then you may, upon notice to GreatPlateExchange, terminate all agreements with GreatPlateExchange, cease using this Site, and in such case GreatPlateExchange will not use or disclose to third parties your Personal Information, or contact you by email, surface mail or otherwise, except as otherwise provided in this Statement.
4. POLLS, SURVEYS AND QUESTIONNAIRES. From time to time, we may survey users of this Site, including you, to learn about their satisfaction with GreatPlateExchange services, and to consider possible improvements in our business. The Information resulting from those surveys will be protected under Subsection 2(A) ("General Information").
5. SECURITY. You understand and agree that "perfect" security does not exist anywhere, including the Internet. When you send credit card Information to us at the Site, we use a technology called Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to encrypt this Information between your computer and our server. Other Personal Information you send to us at the Site, however, including any email messages, will not be encrypted unless we advise you otherwise.
6. CHANGING AND INSPECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION. If you: (a) wish to inspect your Personal Information as contained in GreatPlateExchange's records; or (b) believe that any of your Personal Information is wrong, is incomplete or has changed, then you may inspect or correct such Personal Information by contacting GreatPlateExchange at the street address described in SECTION 8 ("CONTACT INFORMATION") or at contact@GreatPlateExchange.com, and describing in detail the nature of the Personal Information to be inspected or corrected, and any corrections to be made. GreatPlateExchange may require you to produce proof of your identity and other reasonably necessary information regarding yourself as a condition of inspecting your Personal Information. GreatPlateExchange will use its commercially reasonable efforts to make any necessary corrections promptly.
7. MERCHANT SERVICES. You may be able to access certain third party information at the Site, or via text links, banner ads, or "click-throughs" from the Site, regarding the goods or services of third parties (collectively, "Merchant Services"). You understand and agree that your access to or use of Merchant Services is a matter entirely between you and the associated third parties, and GreatPlateExchange shall have no liability whatsoever for any such access or use.
8. CONTACT INFORMATION. If you have any questions, problems or complaints regarding this Statement or this Site, please contact GreatPlateExchange at:
81 Pondfield Road #337,
Bronxville, NY. 10708